If you have an injury, illness
or disability, we can help
We're here for you
At APM we’re committed to helping people change their lives for the better, whatever challenges come our way.
Especially when it comes to helping someone with an injury, health condition or disability finding a meaningful job.
We might not be able to meet in person right now, but that isn’t stopping us from helping thousands of job seekers every week through the Disability Employment Services program.
If you’re eligible we can help connect you with the local employers who are still hiring people right now.
We can also help prepare you for work so when more businesses reopen their doors, you will be well placed to be a great addition to their team.
Our local teams are still here to help you overcome challenges to finding a job. Contact us today to see how we can help you.
What’s changed with COVID-19?
Your health and safety, and the wellbeing of our dedicated teams, are our top priority.
We have changed some of the ways we deliver programs to allow us to continue our support services.
- You can register for all APM programs online
- We aim to carry out all meetings by phone or video chat instead of face-to-face
- Many APM team members are working from home. Those in local offices are practising social distancing
- Hygiene: All APM offices are being supplied with hand sanitizer and additional hygiene products
- Cleaning: Procedures have been increased across all APM offices
If you have any concerns, please contact your local APM team who can guide you.
Why choose APM?
We have been helping people find and stay in employment for more than 25 years, and we’ve seen first-hand the value and health benefits a job can bring.
APM is also Australia’s largest trusted provider of Disability Employment Services with our teams delivering the program from more than 500 locations nationwide. More than any other provider.
By joining APM for Disability Employment Services, we can help you with:
- Searching for work - We know what employers are looking for and we can help prepare you for your new job.
- Support to stay in work - If you have a job, we can help you and your employer access support to keep you at work if you develop an injury, illness or disability.
- Next step after school - If you’re about to leave school with a disability or health condition, we'll help you access short training courses, work experience and job placements with local employers.
- Workplace modifications - If you're not getting the help you need at work, we can help you access tools, equipment or workplace modifications to make your job easier.
- Workplace assessments - If you’re employed with a disability, a workplace assessment can help identify what you and your employer need to make your job easier.
Learn more about APM's Disability Employment Services
What is Disability Employment Services?
Find out everything you need to know about APM's Disability Employment Services program.
Does APM support my health condition?
Our Disability Employment Services teams help people access the right support to manage and overcome a wide range of health and mental health challenges, which may impact their ability to find and keep a job.
Why join APM?
Learn why thousands of people across Australia join APM for Disability Employment Services every year.
What happens when you join APM
When you join APM, we'll set up your first meeting with us so you can meet your dedicated employment consultant
They are your guide to finding a job and will talk you through how we help you, how to get the most from the Disability Employment Services program and what steps you need to take next. This includes:
explaining the services we provide
providing you with a copy of our Service Guarantee and Code of Practice
explaining your rights and obligations and prepare a job plan outlining the activities and interventions we can offer to help you get work
discussing your injury, health condition, or disability and how it affects your ability to look for a job and stay at work, and how you can be supported to reduce this impact
explaining how to search for a job and an initial list of appropriate job vacancies
discussing local job opportunities and skill shortage areas near you
We work in partnership with you to help you succeed.
Let’s get to work on a clear path to your next job.
Our help doesn’t stop when you find a job
We support you and your employer for at least the first six months to make sure everything runs smoothly
We’re committed to giving you the best start in your new job. We can support you with:
Your employment consultant will take you through the supports available to make sure you don’t just find a job, but retain your employment into the future.
Get started with Disability Employment Services in 4 easy steps
Register with us, and we'll be in touch in the next couple of days to discuss further.
Your employment journey begins!
Want to work?
Download our quick guide on how
we help you get the job you need
Don't miss our latest updates