New Business Assistance with NEIS
Thinking about starting your own business?
APM Employment Services and the New Business Assistance with NEIS can help.
NEIS helps eligible job seekers set up and run their own small business.
NEIS can help you create a business plan, provide you with training in small business*, and provide you with business advice and mentoring for the first 12 months.
All of the training is at no cost, and we’ll also provide you with access to training materials.
Are you a job seeker registered with a jobactive, ParentsNext or Disability Employment Services?
Ongoing income support
If you are currently registered with a jobactive, ParentsNext or Disability Employment Services (DES) provider and you receive welfare payments you can continue to receive ongoing income support while participating in NEIS:
- Participants currently on JobSeeker payment will receive NEIS allowance for up to 39 weeks (paid fortnightly) and may be eligible to receive NEIS Rental Assistance for up to 26 weeks.
- Participants on SSP or DSP payments can choose to continue to receive their current Pension, or choose to receive the NEIS allowance for up to 39 weeks (paid fortnightly) instead.
Are you a job seeker and not receiving welfare payments?
Even if you’re not receiving welfare payments, you can still access the same training and mentoring support to help you start your own business.
Provided you’re not currently studying, you can receive free accredited training in small business and 12 months of business advice and mentoring. However, you won’t be eligible to receive ongoing income support through the NEIS allowance.
For more information please email us at email@example.com or phone us on 1300 006 347.
Learn more about APM's New Business Assistance with NEIS
Are you eligible for NEIS?
Who can take part in NEIS eligibility criteria.
Help to get started with NEIS
Accredited small business training is provided through Registered Training Organisation in Certificate IV in New Small Business or Certificate III in Micro-Business Operations*.
NEIS success stories
Learn why thousands of people across Australia join APM for New Business Assistance with NEIS every year.
Join a free online NEIS information session
Attend a live NEIS info session to ask questions and learn;
- How NEIS works
- What you can expect from New Business Assistance with NEIS
- What business ideas are eligible
- How we help get you started
The NEIS information sessions run for 30 minute via Teams.
New sessions will be released soon, in the mean time
If you feel you have a good business idea and would like to benefit from the NEIS programme, simply:
- Click here to complete our online application form
- After receipt of your application, we’ll review your eligibility, and if you are eligible contact you to undertake a Business Feasibility Assessment. We will then let you know if you have been accepted to receive NEIS training.
- You’ll then be enrolled and commence training where you’ll gain the knowledge to set up and run your own small business. During the course, you’ll also receive assistance to develop your business plan.
- Your completed plan will be assessed for viability in several key areas such as industry knowledge, qualifications, premises, funding, cashflow and marketing.
- You’ll also be provided with free business mentoring support and guidance for the first twelve months of your business operation.
New Business Assistance with NEIS
Do you have a great idea for a business but don’t know where to start?
If you have a great idea for a business and you’d like to apply for New Business Assistance with NEIS, please complete our online application form.
This form is key to your acceptance to the programme, and all required entries have to be filled in. An incomplete form may not be accepted. You can also refer to our guide ‘Steps to make a successful NEIS application’.
APM Employment Services undertakes to treat your Business Plan and other commercial sensitive material, confidential and will not disclose it to any third party other than provided for under our contract with the Commonwealth Department of Jobs and Small Business.
All information provided in this form will be treated in line with APM’s privacy consent policy. To assist in the review of your application we may have to contact your jobactive provider.
Note: if you are having difficulties submitting this form, click here to download a hard-copy NEIS application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Training and assessment is delivered by and under the scope of registration held by Innovative Training & Recruitment Pty Ltd t/a ITR (RTO code 40206). Certificate III in Micro Business Operations - national course code BSB30315 and Certificate IV in New Small Business - national course code BSB42618.
Don't miss our latest updates